Peaches & Green Smoothie
Ah, my very first real recipe post. How exciting! I’ve been trying to drink green smoothies for breakfast more often. This morning I found some luscious beautiful peaches at the store and knew what I had to make – a peaches and green smoothie. I added banana to really play up its creaminess, plus a few dates to sweeten it up even more. I really wanted the juicy peach flavor to stand out so I opted for a milder green, a romaine heart. And that’s it. Super simple. Want to hear my trick for getting all the boys in my home to love green smoothies? Fancy glasses! Everything tastes better in a goblet, it’s a proven fact of science. Silly straws work great too, but we’ll save those for another day. I don’t think this smoothie needs any trickery, just ripe juicy peaches and love.
- 5 Dates
- 1 Heart of Romaine
- 1 Banana
- 2 Peaches
- Soak the dates in 1 cup of water for about 10 minutes.
- While the dates are soaking, wash the lettuce and peaches, then chop into smaller chunks.
- Pour the dates and water into blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add the lettuce to blender, blending thoroughly again.
- Add the banana and peaches, blend.
- Add a large handful of ice and blend, baby, blend! (You can skip the ice if using frozen peaches or banana)
I am really happy to see this new sight!! Thank You!! Thank You!!
This site has been dreamed of, and here it is! Delicious! And timely!
Thank you Brynn! I’m glad you like it!