Peaches & Green Smoothie
Ah, my very first real recipe post. How exciting! I’ve been trying to drink green smoothies for breakfast more often. This morning I found some luscious beautiful peaches at the store and knew what I had to make – a peaches and green smoothie. I added banana to really play up its creaminess, plus a few dates to sweeten it up even more. I really wanted the juicy peach flavor to stand out so I opted for a milder green, a romaine heart. And that’s it. Super simple. Want to hear my trick for getting all the boys in my home to love green smoothies? Fancy glasses! Everything tastes better in a goblet, it’s a proven fact of science. Silly straws work great too, but we’ll save those for another day. I don’t think this smoothie needs any trickery, just ripe juicy peaches and love.
- 5 Dates
- 1 Heart of Romaine
- 1 Banana
- 2 Peaches
- Soak the dates in 1 cup of water for about 10 minutes.
- While the dates are soaking, wash the lettuce and peaches, then chop into smaller chunks.
- Pour the dates and water into blender and blend thoroughly.
- Add the lettuce to blender, blending thoroughly again.
- Add the banana and peaches, blend.
- Add a large handful of ice and blend, baby, blend! (You can skip the ice if using frozen peaches or banana)